In this video Celina shows you how to make a healthier version of everyone’s favorite dish—fried chicken! This delicious recipe uses tapioca flour (which has anti-inflammatory properties) and garbonzo flour which is high in protein. Even if you are not allergic to gluten, this recipe is much healthier and incredibly tasty!
Like most of Celina’s cooking, this recipe is also gluten-free.
4 organic eggs*
1 cup garbonzo flour
1 cup tapioca flour
½ cup brown rice flour
Organic coconut oil
Spices and salt (optional)
Bone in split chicken breasts and legs
* May substitute eggs for ¼ cup ground flaxseed + ¾ cup water
– Whisk 4 eggs in a large bowl
– In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
– Dip chicken in eggs, then into the dry mixture (repeat optional)
– Make sure to heat your coconut to a sufficient heat before adding chicken. After the 2nd batch, you’ll probably need to bring the temperature down as the oil will get too hot.
Foodsmarty Celina Jean, has a passion for very healthy food. She combines a unique medical science background, a lifetime of nutrition and her deep love of cooking to create healthy, unique and thoroughly scrumptious cookies, pastries and pies.